A perfect blend of acoustic instruments, voices and musical styles, Appalachia offer up their own inspired take on American roots music, combining blues, bluegrass, jazz and unique originals into a potent brew that will move you … and make you move!
Featuring soulful four-part harmonies, dazzling instrumentals, and an eclectic repertoire, Appalachia perform frequently at festivals, folk clubs, arts centres and music venues, impressing audiences wherever they go. Weaving their spell on guitars, mandolin, banjo, slide guitar and upright bass, the boys in suits never fail to entertain.
At the end of the evening they get the audience clapping, stomping, and singing along when they invite friends of the band and brave strangers soon to be friends onstage for a rousing sing-along finish … smiles all around!
The Bristol Music Industry Network (Bmin) is an open forum for music industry professionals based in Bristol and the surrounding area to network, discuss issues we all face and work together to develop our strong and thriving music scene in and around Bristol and to maintain Bristol as the number one city of music. Bmin meets on the first Wednesday of each month at Colston Hall.
Bmin aims to:
- Support projects which further the development of musicians and associated genres.
- Develop projects in support of musicians and associated genres.
- Develop a knowledge base for use by established and aspiring musicians
- Develop an expertise pool, which can be called upon to support organisations such as Bristol REMIX.
- Share relevant information between Bmin members.
- Co-ordinate the activities of various interested parties within the Bristol music scene.