How is Bristol Beacon changing?
Today, we are delighted to reveal a fresh new look and set out a bold new vision for our organisation – to help everyone make space for music.
Alongside our ongoing city-wide programme of live concerts, our charity operates the city’s award-winning music education hub Bristol Plays Music – which is responsible for music education in every school in Bristol and our music centres, inspiring over 30,000 young people through music every year.
Our growing community programme works across the city to ensure music is at the heart of life no matter your background or circumstance, and our talent development initiative Multi-Track, has supported numerous cohorts of emerging artists into the industry.
From today, for the first time, we are uniting all our work under one banner as Bristol Beacon.
Bristol Music Trust and Bristol Plays Music will merge fully with Bristol Beacon, so as one charity, one organisation, we can be a model for the future, committed to supporting people, whoever you are, on a lifelong musical journey – from school to stage and beyond.
What does this mean?
- We have a brand new Bristol Beacon website – right here!
- From today we will begin merging the Bristol Plays Music website with Bristol Beacon
- All the same opportunities to learn and join ensembles that used to be available via Bristol Plays Music will be accessible via a new area on the Bristol Beacon website called Be Creative
- Our city-wide music programme is bookable via our What’s On section
What else does this mean?
- The name of our education site in Southmead is changing from Bristol Plays Music / Music Centre West to Beacon Music Centre
Please bear with us
As we bring all the areas of our work together under one banner, there are bound to be a few hiccups and your patience is greatly appreciated.
Why make this change?
We want to help everyone make space for music. In our schools, in our communities, across the city.
The unified organisation will be responsible for delivering the Beacon’s city-wide artistic programme, driving forward music education for the city, establishing a collaborative community programme, and supporting emerging and established artists and creatives.
We are so grateful to all our supporters, audiences, funders and friends for your support in this exciting new chapter.