Bass Guitar Lessons
Learn to play bass guitar with expert instrumental tuition in-person or online.
Whether you’re looking to play the bass guitar for the first time, brush up on your skills after a break from making music, or aiming to get a distinction at Grade 8, our experienced and highly qualified music educators will help you on your journey to learning to play the bass.
We work with exceptional music tutors to offer young people high-quality, accessible and affordable music tuition.
Our bass guitar lessons take place at a range of times and locations, either in-person or online, giving you flexibility to meet your needs and circumstances.
- Suitable for ages 7-18
- 33 weekly lessons, billed in 11 week terms
- 20 minute or 30 minute individual lessons
- Small group lessons are available in many primary schools
- Secondary school group lessons are available by school arrangement
- Available at Beacon Music Centre, Virtual Academy or in School
- Lessons are allocated at the beginning of each 11 week term
Cost per 11 week double term
£200.75 – Individual 30 minute lesson
£133.87 – Individual 20 minute lesson
£66.88 – Small group lesson in school (maximum 4 pupils)
Bursaries are available
Music is for everyone, regardless of background or circumstance. Bristol Beacon offers a variety of bursaries and subsidised instrumental opportunities for children and young people in Bristol schools.
Find out about our range of bursaries, eligibility criteria, how to apply and start your musical journey with us today.
Where you can learn
Beacon Music Centre
Based in Southmead, Beacon Music Centre is our creative learning base – a playful, inclusive space for everyone to build confidence, learn skills and celebrate togetherness through music.
Learn in schools
We provide accessible and affordable opportunities to learn to play an instrument or sing in school with individual or small group lessons.
We are constantly expanding our offer in schools, so if your child’s school currently isn’t listed at the moment, please contact them directly to ask about lessons.
Bristol Beacon’s Virtual Academy was set up in response to the Coronavirus outbreak to give our existing pupils continuing access to music tuition.
Due to it’s popular demand, online music lessons are now available to all pupils and we are accepting new registrations.
How to book
All music tuition registration is managed through our online registration portal, SpeedAdmin. Registering for a music lesson via SpeedAdmin should be straightforward, but if you should have difficulty, here are some useful steps to follow.
- Choose where to learn from either Beacon Music Centre, in School or online in Virtual Academy
- If you already have a SpeedAdmin account, please login to your existing one to avoid multiple accounts being created.
- For lessons in school, select the school your child attends from the dropdown menu, then select their instrument
- If your child’s school is not listed, please check with them how they would like you to sign up for lessons with us.
- Students are required to have their own instrument for lessons (excluding piano, keyboard or drum kit). You can hire an instrument from Bristol Beacon per term if needed.
- Follow the steps on SpeedAdmin to complete the registration.
- When complete, we will be in touch to arrange your music lessons.
Hire an instrument
A wide range of instruments are available for young musicians to hire for music lessons in school or when playing in one of our ensembles.
Take an exam
Taking a music exam is a great way of recognising your success at learning an instrument. We offer exams with London College of Music, ABRSM and Trinity.
Join an group or ensemble
Share the power of creating a music experience with others and join a group, choir or ensemble.