Double Bass Lessons
Learn to play double bass with expert instrumental tuition in-person or online.
Whether you’re looking to play the double bass for the first time, brush up on your skills after a break from making music, or aiming to get a distinction at Grade 8, our experienced and highly qualified music educators will help you on your journey to learning to play the double bass.
We work with exceptional music tutors to offer young people high-quality, accessible and affordable music tuition.
Our double bass lessons take place at a range of times and locations, either in-person or online, giving you flexibility to meet your needs and circumstances.
- Suitable for ages 7-18
- 33 weekly lessons, billed in 11 week terms
- 30 minute individual lessons
- Available at Beacon Music Centre, Virtual Academy or in School
- Lessons are allocated at the beginning of each half term
- Part of our Endangered Species range of instrument lessons
Cost per 11 week double term
£231 – Individual 30 minute lesson
50% discount will be applied for Endangered Species instruments
Financial support and a range of bursaries are available to support with lesson fees
Music is for everyone, regardless of background or circumstance. Bristol Beacon offers a variety of bursaries and subsidised instrumental opportunities for children and young people in Bristol schools.
Find out about our range of bursaries, eligibility criteria, how to apply and start your musical journey with us today.
Where you can learn
How to book
All music tuition registration is managed through our online registration portal, SpeedAdmin. Registering for a music lesson via SpeedAdmin should be straightforward, but if you should have difficulty, here are some useful steps to follow.
- Choose where to learn from either Beacon Music Centre, in School or online in Virtual Academy
- If you already have a SpeedAdmin account, please login to your existing one to avoid multiple accounts being created.
- For lessons in school, select the school your child attends from the dropdown menu, then select their instrument
- If your child’s school is not listed, please check with them how they would like you to sign up for lessons with us.
- Students are required to have their own instrument for lessons (excluding piano, keyboard or drum kit). You can hire an instrument from Bristol Beacon per term if needed.
- Follow the steps on SpeedAdmin to complete the registration.
- When complete, we will be in touch to arrange your music lessons.