Mail A Musician
Personalised doorstep performances for those who you feel deserve a special musical gift
Mail A Musician is back to lift the spirits of Bristol residents by bringing the joy of live music direct to the hearts and homes of those most in need.
This initiative, which we started during Lockdown in 2020, is a way that the people of Bristol can send a unique gift to the special people or places in their life. Nominate a loved one or organisation for a personalised musical performance on their doorstep in 2022.
Mail A Musician will ensure that the power of music, to connect and uplift, shines out across the city.
Make a nomination
Give someone the unique gift of music, delivered to their doorstep.
How to take part
You can nominate anyone in Bristol who you think would love to receive a special live performance.
Your nominee could be an individual, a household or a place, like a doctor’s surgery or care home.
To make a nomination, simply complete our online form. If successful, we will contact you to arrange the performance with your nominee.
Who can I nominate?
You can nominate anyone you know who lives in Bristol for a Mail A Musician performance.
You might want to nominate:
- a key worker
- a volunteer
- a helpful neighbour
- someone shielding
- someone who is a caring and attentive friend
- a person unable to work due to the pandemic
We especially want to know why you feel they would enjoy this unique musical gift.
Unfortunately we can’t accommodate every nomination, so the more you can tell us about why you are nominating them and how they will benefit from a performance, the better.
How does it work?
We will select nominees and match them with a local musician to perform music they would most like to hear, especially for them.
We will arrange all aspects of the performance including the date and the venue.
Performances will either be:
- as a covid-safe ‘doorstep gig’
- by phone
- by video call
Concerts will be delivered by a diverse range of brilliant local Bristolian musicians, many of whom work across our schools and community projects.
Please be aware of these conditions and information before you make your nomination.
- Your nominee must be a resident of Bristol
- Will aim to get back to you within 10 days of you making your nomination
- All performances will take place in 2022
- If successful, we will contact you to arrange a performance using the details you provide
- In-person performances will only take place if Government coronavirus guidance allows
- In-person performances will be fully risk assessed and covid-safe
- Performances are weather permitting
- Nominations are free, but we welcome donations