Making space for your creative development
Future Proof is our flagship mentoring programme for 18-25 year olds ready to make moves in the music industries.
Running for the first time in 2022/23, this first Future Proof collective of musicians and artists will work with us for 18 months to take the next steps in their creative journey, supported by professionals at Bristol Beacon and from the wider music industry.
As a collaborative programme, our aim is that both the members of the collective and Bristol Beacon will learn, develop and change in ways we couldn’t have done otherwise.
With advice and guidance from industry professionals, access to tailored resources, and tools and experiences to connect and collaborate, we enable this cohort of young creatives to take their next steps in their career.
Future Proof artists 2022
About the programme
What we offer
- A personal development plan
- 1-2-1 mentoring sessions with an experienced industry professional
- Group sessions for pier development
- A personal creative grant of up to £1000
- Seed funding of up to £1000 for you to explore your own creative ideas
- The opportunity to give feedback, ideas, and ask questions about Bristol Beacon’s programme and new venue spaces
- Free access to Bristol Beacon shows, industry workshops, masterclasses and training
- Providing a respectful, supportive and professional working environment
- Delivering a personable, fun and productive approach to mentoring
- Offering performance opportunities to share works in progress at professional venues
- Providing industry quality facilities and a safe environment in which to work
- Offering promotion and advocacy for your work and interests through Bristol Beacon’s communication channels
- Fostering a culture of trust, a willingness to understand your needs, and open communication
- Maintaining an ongoing relationship with you after the conclusion of the programme
- March 2022: Group Induction Sessions
- March – July 2022: 121 Mentoring Sessions & Monthly Group Sessions
- September 2022 – March 2023: Development of Creative Ideas starts, ongoing 121 Mentoring Sessions & Monthly Group Sessions
- April – October 2023: Final Development of Creative Ideas