A collaborative Artist Development programme supporting singers, rappers & MCs aged 18-25
In 2022 we co-produced with Big Team a collaborative Artist Development programme supporting singers, rappers & MCs aged 18-25.
Partnering with some of Bristol’s biggest names in music – Love Saves The Day, Pirate Studios, Crack Magazine and SWU FM – NEXT LEVEL offered Bristol artists aged 18-25 studio experience over the course of one week and the chance to perform live at Love Saves The Day 2022.
About the programme
Running for one week in April 2022, the Next Level programme included:
- A week of workshops at Pirate Studios with professional producers and vocalists, including Sam Interface, N.Y.T.A, Fiyahdred, Eva Lazarus, Dread MC and Res One.
- Recording studio sessions where artists presented demos, wrote new material, collaborated through co-writing and rehearsed.
- Performances at a showcase in front of a live audience and industry panel at Bristol Beacon, alongside headliner Jords and guest host and DJ Vanessa Maria.
- A press and media workshop hosted by Crack Magazine.
- A performance slot at Love Saves The Day festival 2022
This project has been specially designed to help accelerate emerging artists’ creative development and connection to the music industry. Artists are placed in professional environments, building confidence and enhancing writing, recording, performance and promotional skills.
Project collaborators and partners
NEXT LEVEL is produced by Bristol Beacon, Big Team, Pirate Studios, Crack Magazine, Love Saves The Day and SWU.FM