Bristol Youth Orchestra is the city’s flagship instrumental ensemble featuring over 70 of the most talented young musicians in Bristol.
The orchestra rehearses weekly at Bristol Cathedral Choir School and performs the great works of the orchestral repertoire, as well as ambitious new commissions, in some of the city’s finest venues including St George’s Bristol and Bristol Beacon.
Bristol Youth Orchestra is a member of the Association of British Orchestras and strives to give young musicians a professional orchestral experience and support careers in music.
Entry by audition only. Auditions are held once a year in July for the following year, although instrument dependant we may accept applications during the year.
Ability: Grade 7+
This ensemble is part of our Young Companies in Residence programme, supported by Paragon Music Trust, Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, Bristol University Music Society and individual sponsors.
How to book
All ensembles and activity enrolment is managed through our online registration portal, SpeedAdmin. Enrolling via SpeedAdmin should be straightforward, but if you should have difficulty, here are some useful steps to follow.
- Click the enrol button on this page to access the SpeedAdmin enrolment page
- If you already have a SpeedAdmin account, please login to your existing one to avoid multiple accounts being created.
- Follow the steps on SpeedAdmin to complete your registration including: ensemble selection, student details, payer details
- You can hire an instrument from Bristol Beacon per term if needed
- When complete, we will be in touch to arrange payment for your chosen ensemble
Music is for everyone, regardless of background or circumstance. Bristol Beacon offers a variety of bursaries and subsidised instrumental opportunities for children and young people in Bristol schools.
Find out about our range of bursaries, eligibility criteria, how to apply and start your musical journey with us today.
Cathedral Choir School
Covid-19 Safety Measures
If you have Covid-19 symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate you should not attend this event.
Wear a face covering
Follow one-way signage
Stick to your allocated drop off time
PCR/Lateral flow test encouraged, proof not required
Be respectful of other people’s personal space