8-12 July 2024
We are inviting 10 young people in Year 10 from across Bristol to come behind the scenes and join us for a week of work experience from 8 – 12 July 2024.
If you have an interest in music, would like to find out more about how a music venue or arts organisation is run and have a willingness to try new things, we can offer a creative and interesting week in the world of live music.
Applications for 2024 have now closed.
The week will include:
- Finding out about our work and how we run our world class music venue.
- Learning about the different roles and opportunities for working within music and the arts.
- Take part in masterclasses from across our departments including Creative Learning and Engagement, Marketing, Technical and Programming.
- A tour of the new Bristol Beacon concert venue, recently reopened after 5 years of transformative redevelopment.
- Attending live performances.
- Working within a team throughout the week to create your own event which will take place on the last day.
Other important information
We ask for the diversity data in our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to ensure that we are meeting our diversity commitments and creating inclusive opportunities.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to offer work experience outside of this week for young people aged 16 and under. If you are over 16 please keep a look out for future opportunities. For any questions or further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can apply
As places are limited, we are putting in place some additional application criteria to ensure that we support those who have traditionally been under-represented in the arts to take up this opportunity.
You can apply for our work experience week if you are aged 14-15, in Year 10, live in Bristol and meet one of the criteria below. Our criteria are designed to help reduce barriers within the arts to those who might not have as much access to opportunities. We suggest that you have a chat with a parent/guardian or one of your teachers around how you might meet the following criteria:
- Neither of your parents went to university
- Your household income is below £25,000 per year
- Your family receive Universal Credit
- You are currently in care or have been in care
- You are eligible for free school meals
- You have a learning difficulty (such as dyslexia)
- You have a disability*
- You are a refugee or asylum seeker
- You are a young parent
- You are a young carer
- You would describe yourself as having a diverse background – Bristol Beacon have a strong commitment to Equal Opportunities. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010 and encouraging interest in our work from people with diverse backgrounds including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and disability.
*You are disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities.
At least two of our ten work experience places will be reserved for those who have a disability or learning difficulty.
If you would like to discuss your application or have any questions about the application process please:
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0117 440 7663 / 0117 204 7108.